Lilyroot holds some information about you.
This document is to present how that information is used, who we may share it with and how we keep it secure.
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. This Privacy Notice has been reviewed in February 2020.
What We Do
Lilyroot provides nutritional therapy services to clients to improve their health through diet and lifestyle interventions. We focus on preventive healthcare, the optimisation of physical and mental health and chronic health conditions.
We do not diagnose medical conditions. Through nutritional therapy consultations, dietary and lifestyle analyses and biochemical testing, we aim to understand the underlying causes of your health issues which we will seek to address through personalised dietary therapy, nutraceutical prescription (supplements), herbal and Bach Flower remedies and lifestyle advice.
We provide workshops, talks or online webinars for various clients or groups who seek advice on nutrition and lifestyle choices to address healthy diet or various health issues.
2. How We Obtain Your Personal Data
Information provided by you
You provide us with personal data in the following ways:
- By completing a nutritional therapy questionnaire
- By signing a terms of engagement form
- During a nutritional therapy consultation
- Through email, over the telephone or by post
- By taking credit card and online payment
This may include the following information:
- Basic details such as name, address, contact details, next of kin
- Details of contact we have had with you such as referrals and appointments requests
- Health information including previous medical history, dietary, lifestyle, supplement and medicine details, biochemical test results, clinic notes and health improvement plans
- GP contact information
- Bank details
We use this information to provide you with direct healthcare. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
Following completion of your healthcare we retain your personal data for the period defined by our professional association BANT and registrant body CHNC. This enables us to process any complaint you may make. In this case the legal bases of our holding your personal data is for contract administration.
Information we get from other sources We may obtain sensitive medical information in the form of test results from biochemical testing companies. We use this information top provide you with a direct healthcare.
We may obtain sensitive information from other healthcare providers. The provision of this information is subject to you giving us your express consent. If we do not receive this consent from you, we will not be able to coordinate your healthcare with that provided by other providers which means the healthcare provided by us may be less effective.
3. How We Use Your Personal Data
We act as a data controller and processor in regard of use of your personal data from third parties such as testing companies and other healthcare providers, to provide direct healthcare. We follow the requirements of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We may use your personal data where there is an overriding public interest in using the information to safeguard the individual or to prevent a serious crime, or where there is a legal requirement such as formal court order.
We may use your data for marketing purposes such as newsletters but this would be subject to you giving us your express consent.
4. Do You Share My Information With Other Organisations
We will keep information about you confidential. We will only disclose your information with other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
- Our registrant body CHNC and our professional association BANT, for the processing of a complaint made by you
- Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential
- Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you
- Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request (eg. CNHC) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so
We may share your information with supplement companies and biochemical testing companies as a part of direct healthcare.
We will seek your express consent before sharing your information with your GP or other healthcare provider. However if we believe that your life is in danger then we may pass your information onto an appropriate authority (police, social services in case of a child or vulnerable adult, or GP in case of self-harm)., using the legal basis of vital interest.
We may share your case history in an anonymised form with our peers for the purpose of professional development at clinical meetings, conferences, online forums, articles in medical journals, magazines or online professional sites. We will seek your consent before using your data .
5. What Are Your Rights?
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy, of a data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give the reasons to see your data.
If you want to see your data, you must make a subject access request in writing to Lilyroot, Ljiljana Anderson, 52 Fellows Road, London NW3 3LJ, London, UK. Under special circumstances, some information maybe withheld. We shall respond within 28 working days, with personal data including:
- Sources from which we acquired the information
- The purposes of processing the information
- Persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information